Monday, October 6, 2008
My First Post
There is one thing that I have always shared with my favorite Aunt Paula. That was our birthday. I couldn't help but think about her this last weekend because she was the one who was always thinking about me on Oct 5th. I can't ever remember a birthday when she didn't call me up and wish me a happy birthday. Plus she always gave the best gifts. I never realized how neat of a lady that she was until she passed. I don't think my birthday will ever be the same because very time it comes she will always be on my mind. I have so many memories of her like the time when I crashed on my bike in the field and she took care of me and gave me my favorite band-aid or just spending time with her after I would mow her lawn. She was also the first person who ever fed me spam. I don't think I have had it since. I also loved to get her letters on my missions giving me the updates of how her family was growing and always wishing me the best. There are just so many things. I really wish I could have spent a little more time with her just to tell her one more time that I really loved her but just to know that I can see her again one days takes the pain away just enough. Just enough to be grateful for the time that I did have with her and cherish them forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Chad, she knew all those things. You don't need to worry. I think you were always kind of her favorite nephew, you know with the birthday sharing and all. But one thing for sure is that there is no one in this world who is more like my mom than your mom. Remember that. She's a pretty neat lady herself. Happy birthday. When are you coming to visit?
Oh Chad, that was so sweet. You brought tears to my eyes.
She loved you. She loved sharing her birthday with you. You always meant so much to her, and us. I'll never forget the time you came to Lake Mead with us when your parents took Keri to Disneyland. You had so much fun with us, that you cried when your mom took you away from my mom. I know your mom hated this, but secretly my mom loved it. She loved you like one of us.
Thanks for sharing your mom with us. Like Keli said, there is no one more like our mom than yours. Don't ever take her for granted, and tell her you love her every chance you get!
Post a Comment